Originally published in July, 2013, this article is a preview of what has been seen since that time. President Obama is still honoring Islam by hosting celebratory dinners at the White House for Ramadan, as he did this week. The rise of ISIS, along with their blood-thirsty, oppressive actions, as well as current conditions in Iraq and other parts of the Middle East are reminders of why such celebrations are so inappropriate in America. How much more proof is necessary that Obama’s strategy of appeasement does nothing to deter America’s (and Israel’s) enemies? In reality, it has made things worse.
President Obama celebrated the Islamic holiday of Ramadan Thursday night at a White House dinner in the State Dining Room, stating “Islam has contributed to the character of our country.”
In remarks before the Iftar dinner, eaten by Muslims after sunset to end the day of fasting, Obama quoted from the Koran, according to a White House pool report. “As the Koran teaches, whoever does an atom’s weight of good will see its results.”
“Muslim Americans and their good works have helped to build our nation, and we’ve seen the results,” he added.
Obama’s speech focused mostly on entrepreneurship during the fifth Iftar dinner he’s hosted.
“Every day, Muslim Americans are helping to shape the way that we think and the way that we work and the way that we do business,” he said. “And that’s the spirit that we celebrate tonight — the dreamers, the creators whose ideas are pioneering new industries, creating new jobs and unleashing new opportunities for all of us.”
As a Christian, and a patriotic American citizen, this bothers me greatly. First, what exactly are these people who worship a foreign god and demand a foreign legal system to dominate their culture doing, exactly, that constitutes new opportunities for all of us? Long weary of the overindulgence of a false tolerance that serves nothing but to further limit our freedom and life as we know it, many of us are not willing to entertain any thoughts of adapting ourselves to a foreign ideology–particularly one who is our openly declared enemy seeking to change every element of our culture.
All of this led me to think about the time we are living in right now, and I wondered how many Christian and Jewish events and religious holidays have been honored, in such a public manner, so dutifully, by the President. We are, after all, a Judeo-Christian nation. Even as a Christian, I have learned about Jewish calendar and seasons and their meaning and intent as God designed. This brought me to recall that, according to the Jewish calendar or what many call “God’s calendar”, we are living right now in the month of Av. Since the United States uses the Gregorian calendar, these seasons are not officially recognized or well known by all of us.
The month of Av the fifth month of the ecclesiastical year on the Hebrew calendar. This is the only month which is not named in the Bible. It is a summer month of 30 days. Av usually occurs in July–August on the Gregorian calendar. The darkest events in Jewish history occurred during the first week and a half of this month, particularly The Nine Days, which culminate in Tisha B’Av, the 9th of Av.
This is a list of secular events that happened on the 9th day of the Jewish month of Av to the Jews. All these are verifiable in the history books.
- The Jewish Commentary, the Mishna, records that the people believed the evil report of the spies and mourned all night in fear. They turned against Moses and the two faithful spies, Joshua and Caleb (the only two from Egypt that entered the promised land). (Ta’anit 29a says it happened on the 9th of Av, Numbers 14:1-10 just records the curse from the Lord and the revolt against Moses and not the date.) This event started their 40 year wandering in the desert.
- Destruction of the 1st temple, 29 July 587 BC (9 Av 3174)
- Destruction of the 2nd temple, 4 Aug 70 AD (9 Av 3830)
- The Roman army plowed Jerusalem with salt in 25 July 71 AD (9 Av 3831)
- The destruction of Simeon Bar Cochba’s army in 5 Aug 135 AD (9 Av 3895)
- First Crusade declared by Pope Urban II. 10,000 Jews killed in first month of Crusade. Crusades bring death and destruction to thousands of Jews, totally obliterate many communities in Rhineland and France. 14 July 1095 (9 Av 4855)
- The Martyrs of York – 500 Jews died as a result of the rich storming a castle in York England, killing them all on 14 July 1190. (9 Av 4950)
- England expelled all of the Jews in 18 July 1290 AD (9 Av 5050)
- Spain expelled all of the Jews in 2 August 1492 AD (9 Av 5252)
- World War I is declared on the ninth of Av, 1 August 1914 (9 Av 5674)
- Russia mobilized for World War I and launched persecutions against the Jews in Eastern Russia on this day too. 1 August 1914 (9 Av 5674)
- On the 10th of July 1942, the Germans began a systematic liquidation of the Ghetto, deporting Jews to extermination camps at the rate of six to ten thousand per day. Deportation started on 9th Av. By the Autumn there were only 40,000 Jews left in Warsaw. By early 1943, the Jews refused to cooperate with the Germans and the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising began. Renewed attempts to start deportations were answered with reprisals. (9 Av 5702)
Here’s a look at the expected attendees released prior to the dinner.
The Hill’s Kyle Balluck inquired: Have you ever heard Obama talk about Jewish or Christian or Hindu Americans helping build this nation? And how exactly have Muslims built this nation? Somehow I cannot recall their contributions to the Constitutional Convention, or the settling of the West, or the Civil War period, or any other aspect of American history, for that matter.
“Like” Boomer on Facebook
Originally published July 27, 2013 by Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children with permission from author.